Our pre-kindergarten program prepares our students for the rigors of kindergarten. Our pre-kindergarten program implements high program standards to ensure school readiness. We pay particular attention to the Good Start Grow Smart Early Learning Standards set forth by the State of South Carolina. The Creative Curriculum framework aligns with these standards.
Good Start Grow Smart – Guiding Principles:
- All children are learners.
- All children are capable and competent.
- Children are individuals who develop at various rates.
- Children learn through play and the active exploration of their environment.
- Every child is unique and is accepted for his/her differences in development, culture, home environment, and learning style.
- Expectations for children must be guided by knowledge of child growth and development.
- Parents are children’s most important caregivers and educators.
- It takes a partnership among families, early care and education providers, schools, health care providers, and other community resources to promote children’s development and school success.
- Quality early learning experiences are essential to prepare a child for success in school and life.
The standards are grouped around five areas of children’s development including:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy
- Physical Development and Health
Ruby’s Academy is committed to producing strong thinkers and life-long learners. Through assessments and observations, we monitor each student’s progress to reach these program goals.